26.7 C
Abuja
Tuesday, September 27, 2022

  Over 120 people were hospitalized after a gas leak contaminated the air in Kano

Must read

Up to 120 people have been taken to the hospital because they were exposed to poisonous chemicals that leaked from an old gas cylinder in northern Nigeria.

According to local residents, Saifullahi gathered scrap metals and crushed them for recycling on Friday evening.

  Magaji Abdullahi, the head of the ward where Saifullahi Muhammad did his scrap metal collection business, informed reporters that he had been informed of a problem in the area.

The Public Relations Officer of the Kano State Fire Service, Saminu Abdullahi, confirmed the incident and said that several victims were taken to local hospitals for treatment.

Seventy-one people were taken to Jaen Primary Healthcare, while 51 were taken to the Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital for treatment. No lives were lost in the incident.

Oil & Gas Trends Magazine noted that most of the victims had been women and children.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article